I saw this quote earlier today and it pretty much stopped me in my tracks. This is what it read:
Who does not thank for little will not thank for much. ~Estonian Proverb
Just how often do I…and you…take time to stop and be thankful for the small things in life. The things that many times we simply take for granted and not even think about. And then we get caught up thinking about all the things we “wish” we had and become unhappy when we cannot have them for whatever reason.
So I challenge you tonight. Make out a list of all the things that you are thankful for.
Here’s my list:
- Family and friends that love me for who I am…unconditionally.
- A sweet furry baby that always knows how to make me smile after a long day.
- A roof over my head.
- Food in my fridge.
- Clothes to wear.
- A chance to go back to school and follow my dream.
- My camera…which I’d be completely lost without.
- A car to get me where I need to go.
- Good health…especially now that I am in nursing school!
- My faith.
- Modern technology…cell phone, computer, tv, etc.
- My freedom, which would not be possible without those that are currently serving, have served, or gave the ultimate sacrifice.