Pages

10.17.2010

{Rough Draft of Life}

I recently read a quote, author unknown, that caught my attention.  It read: 

“Living involves tearing up one rough draft after another.”

As I read it, I couldn’t help but let out a little laugh!  Because is it SO true.  How many times do we plan something out only to have life change it?  All the time.  We plan for an outdoor party and then the rain decides to arrive without warning.  Or company shows up unexpectedly as you are getting ready to leave.  While those are just small things that occur, there are many life altering events that bring about the need to alter life’s plan. 

I am getting better at learning to let go and just enjoy the roller coaster ride of life.  And while I am very much the one that likes full control of everything, I’m learning that sometimes things just won’t work with me in charge.  2010 has been a year to teach me that life’s plan requires many rough drafts so to speak.  But each rough draft has brought about new and exciting changes in my life.

I’m excited to see how the rest of this chapter in my life will unfold!

blog signature

4 comments:

  1. My life's been through a whole lot of rough drafts lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good read, post more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My partner and I really enjoyed reading this blog post, I was just itching to know do you trade featured posts? I am always trying to find someone to make trades with and merely thought I would ask.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting When You Stumble Dance! I love to read your comments, thoughts, or suggestions :)