Pages

6.03.2010

What Happened to Me?

In the last several months, I have had a lot of time to evaluate life and to look at myself under a magnifying glass. Some of the things that I could see made me happy.  Others…not so much!

One thing that really bothered me was the realization of how negative I had become. And there was no joy or happiness left either.

What happened to me? Where did the happiness in my life escape to? How did I become so negative? Can I find me again?

For months, I could feel some sort of change coming in my life. But I wasn’t sure what this change would be or how it would come. It was just a feeling that I couldn’t shake. And then it happened…I get the pink slip. GREAT! Now what?!?!?!

Becoming unemployed and learning that I was not in control of life was just what I needed to find me again.

It didn’t take long for me to realize this either. Of all the emotions that came with me losing my job, the most prominent was a sense of relief. Yes…I said relief. My job was the greatest source of my unhappiness and negative attitude.

Somehow…almost overnight…I was starting to find me again.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweet girl of mine! Such wisdom and truth from one so young.
    I'm truly thankful that you can take the hard knocks that life deals and come out on top. Your faith in God will always take you far. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting When You Stumble Dance! I love to read your comments, thoughts, or suggestions :)