Pages

6.09.2010

Happiness

Indeed, man wishes to be happy even when he so lives as to make happiness impossible.” St. Augustine

I recently read this quote the other day. And it really made me stop and think. We are always in pursuit of what brings us happiness but many times we come up short.

Why is that?

For me, I let life get too busy. And in that “too busy” I loose sight of the things that are important to me. The small things that bring me joy and make me smile. I don’t take time to stop and enjoy the view or smell the roses.

Sometimes I think we need a time-out. A chance to stop the mary-go-round and regain our focus. Enjoy the little things that make us laugh and bring a smile to our faces. And in doing so, happiness will once again find a place in our life.

So what is that makes happiness seem impossible in your life?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting When You Stumble Dance! I love to read your comments, thoughts, or suggestions :)