Pages

6.07.2010

How do you see it?

Are you an optimist or a pessimist? Winston Churchill once said:

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”

And it really got me thinking. It is so much easier to be pessimistic. It will take too much time or be too hard. As I look around, the world in generally wants easy and anything that alters from this easy trend gets a negative label.

But just what are we missing out on in life by not taking a positive view? How would things be different if we decided to look for the positive in all situations? After all, it is when we face difficulties that we learn life lessons.

This is one area of my life that I am still working on. And as I put this principle to practice in my life, I find that I am becoming a much happier person. The world is starting to look different. I have a long way to go as old habits are not changed overnight, but I am determined to look for the opportunity in all things, no matter how difficult it may be.

IMG_3703

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting When You Stumble Dance! I love to read your comments, thoughts, or suggestions :)