Pages

8.03.2011

The Call

I finished the LPN program in June, then took and passed my boards in July.  The next step was finding a JOB!

As soon as I had my letter from the Florida Dept. of Health authorizing me to work as a graduate nurse I started the long, tiresome process of updating my resume. And then the hunt for a job ensued.

I’m not really sure what happened to all the LPN jobs, but they were all of the sudden far and few between.  Literally there would be only one or two new listings a week! That my dear blog friends was a little stressful to see. 

I had just finished school and now there are limited jobs for 3 graduating programs to fight for! So I did only what I knew to do…PRAY! God had gotten me this far, so I was sure that He wouldn’t leave me hanging.

I applied to a total of nearly 10 positions.  So I then get a call for an interview.  And was really excited about the possibilities it had to offer.  After a month of going back and forth, an offer came.  But it wasn’t what we had first discussed and I knew that it wasn’t going to be the right place for me. 

And then…at 7pm one evening I get a call from my TOP CHOICE of where I said I wanted to work.  I was ecstatic! But at the same time knew it would be next to impossible to go to work there.  They aren’t known for hiring new grads.

But they gave me an interview…and guess what!?!?!?!

They decided to take a chance on me and started running my background checks. I then had a conditional offer on the table.  I had to pass my reference checks, background screening and a few other small things. 

And today, exactly 2 weeks later, I get THE CALL.  The position is mine if I want it!  Well, that was a no brainer!!! Yes I want it…and I am still pinching myself to make sure that I’m not dreaming.

This whole process, along with the last year of school, has taught me so much.  God has an AMAZING plan for each of us! But we have to be willing to listen, be stretched, and sometimes be willing to walk by faith alone. The road to this point wasn’t easy…and at times I could even see a glimmer of light at the end.  But God walked me through it, holding me up when I didn’t think I could take another step! And in the end, I am right where He wants me to be.

A big plus is that they are willing to work with my school schedule! Yep…school isn’t over for me yet.  I have applied to start the RN program in January.

Oh…and I guess you would like to know where I am going to work at, huh?!?!?

I will be working at a VA Nursing Home. We did many clinical hours at this facility during school and I absolutely fell in love with not only the facility, but the residents as well.  What an honor to be able to give back to those that have given so much to serve in our Armed Forces!!!

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic adventure you will have working with those folks. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to you!!! i love it when goals come thru!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful blessing! God always opens the right door for us in his timing not always when we want it to happen. Mama is so happy for you and you're gonna be a great nurse! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Amanda!
    Waiting is always the hard part.. but once we get to that jump off spot it's hard to keep up. God knows when and where He wants us to be, That's for certain.
    Blessings on this wonderful opportunity ...i'm sure they already love you.
    ~kare

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing with us! So glad you got your TOP choice!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy I hope you guys get your top choice too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are going to be such a ray of sunshine for them! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOT WOOT! Look at you - How very wonderful to have so much greatness happening. Much luck at the new job and your continued schooling ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting When You Stumble Dance! I love to read your comments, thoughts, or suggestions :)